In a previous blog post, I discuss the two different kinds of being stuck and how crucial it is to tell the difference. By knowing the difference, you will be able to move forward in the good stuff God has for you. You can read it here.
Today, we will be discussing the first kind of feeling stuck.
1. A GOD-ORDAINED SEASON OF BEING STUCK
Sometimes when we feel stuck in life, it is actually God trying to get our attention. It is a God-Ordained Season of Being Stuck. He wants to:
- Teach us about REST.
- Help us TEND TO OUR HEARTS.
- Train us in our WAITING SEASON.
- UNTANGLE LIES in our minds and hearts.
- POSITION and PREPARE us for what’s next.
Let’s talk about REST today.
Resting is sometimes difficult for me. If I were honest, I’d say that I feel better when I am active and productive. I love it when I can cross something off my list and see results from my efforts, so I struggle with rest.
Rest, however, is every bit as important as activity.
Could this be a season where God is wanting you to slow down and rest? Perhaps you feel like you’re on the proverbial hamster wheel. There’s a lot of activity, but you don’t seem to be going anywhere.
God wants you to slow down and be in His presence. He knows it refreshes you and will prepare you for what’s next.
GOD SHOWED US THE IMPORTANCE OF REST
In Genesis, God shows us the importance of rest. He created the
- In writing, we pause at the commas and stop at the periods.
- In music, the rest note is just as important as the other notes. Without it, the music would be chaotic, blurred and unstructured noise.
- In farming, the farmer intentionally lets a piece of land lie unplanted for a season. He rests his land so the soil is replenished with nutrients and able to sustain
IT’S THE SAME WITH OUR LIVES
If we aren’t careful, we can get so busy doing things, even good things, that we forget to simply be in His presence. It’s in Him we live and move and have our being (Acts 17:28). As we keep in step with His Spirit (Galatians 5:25), we will know when it is time to walk and when it is time to stop and rest. Ecclesiastes 3:1 tells us, “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.”
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you discern if during this season of feeling stuck if it’s actually Him just wanting you to be still and to rest in His presence.
Is this you? Are you needing to stop and be still? Are you needing to just rest? Let me know if this resonates with you. If you know someone who may need some encouragement because they feel stuck, share this post with them.