Intimacy with God is takes time. It’s not just dumping our prayer requests onto Him. It is creating space for us to also listen to what He wants to say.
Journaling is one way we can be intentional. When we pray, we should be expectant in our time with Him.
Words Surrounding Kairos Moments:
- are big “aha” moments and small whispers.
- create room for God to speak/move. God always wants some kind of transformation to occur.
- happen all throughout the day. They aren’t confined to our timetable. Often God interrupts our day and what we have planned to speak to us.
Biggest Hindrances to Kairos Moments:
- Lack of focus.
- Not being fully present.
- Preconceived ideas.
- Unable to recognize them.
Benefits of Journaling:
- It helps us focus.
- It is a tool to share things God is showing us with other people.
- God is constantly calling us to REMEMBER. Journaling helps facilitate remembering His goodness.
- Our wandering minds are forced to engage with what we are writing.
If you are interested in purchasing the Daily Kairos Journal from Pete and Jordan, click here.