What do you do when fear is staring at you in the face? What is your go-to response when unimaginable tragedy strikes?
Tiffany Johnson shares her story of when she was attacked by a shark while she and her husband were vacationing in the Bahamas.
- What you put in comes out!
- Even though they (God’s promises) may not be for us today, we don’t know what we’re going to face in the future.
- You always want to think you have a strong faith, but honestly, you don’t know until it’s tested.
- The times I spent with the Lord before the attack, cultivated this closeness with Him that sustained me when I needed it the most.
Tiffany has had the opportunity to share her testimony on many media outlets, including Animal Planet, CNN’s Vital Signs, The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, The Today Show, Inside Edition and the 700 Club.
One man accused her of fabricating her story after seeing her picture the day she was released. She and her husband radiated the peace and joy of the Lord. He said the only reason why he even considered it a fake news story was because of the smiles on their faces. Tiffany was able to share with him the reason for her joy. She said, “The awesome thing about God’s joy is that it is not dependent upon our circumstance. We can have joy despite the lowest of lows that we’re in because that’s what God’s promises are to us.”
PRACTICAL WAYS TO TRUST THE LORD IN THE MIDST OF DIFFICULTIES:
- Spend time communicating with God daily.
- Journal. We can look back and see God’s faithfulness in answering our prayers.
- Be intentional with our relationship with God.
- Build a history with Him.
- As we begin to know God’s character through reading His Word, we have to tear down any false ideas of God our experiences might have told us. When you are able to grasp more of the truth of Who He is, we can start to see ourselves as He sees us.
Our thoughts are extremely powerful! She shares how she’s discovered this truth with the use of her new prosthetic.
CONNECTING WITH TIFFANY and BE AN OVERCOMER MINISTRIES:
Go to her website and then scroll to the bottom for social media platforms.