Have you ever felt stuck in life? Maybe you feel stuck right now.
There are two kinds of seasons of being stuck:
- A God-Ordained Season of Being Stuck
- An Appointed Season of Growth in Being Stuck
Sometimes when we feel stuck in life, it is actually God trying to get our attention. It is a God-Ordained Season.
God’s plan is NEVER to leave us in those places of feeling stuck. But by acknowledging them, we will be able to move forward in what His plan is for our lives. There are things He wants to do when we are feeling this way. He wants to:
- TEACH US ABOUT REST.
- Help us TEND TO OUR HEARTS.
- TRAIN US IN OUR WAITING SEASON. Waiting on the Lord is actively anticipating what He will do in and through our lives. The more we try to get unstuck in our own strength, the deeper and more entrenched we get.
- UNTANGLE THE LIES WE BELIEVE so we can be free.
- POSITION and PREPARE us for what’s next.
1. TEACH US ABOUT REST
We see this emphasis on rest everywhere in the physical world:
- In writing, we pause at the commas and stop at the periods.
- In music, the rest note is just as important as the other notes. Without it, the music would be chaotic, blurred and unstructured noise.
- In farming, the farmer intentionally lets a piece of land lie unplanted for a season. He rests his land so the soil is replenished with nutrients and able to sustain future planting.
2. TENDING TO OUR HEARTS
Just like idolatrous Israel was prone to wander and lose her way as she chased after anything and anyone but God to fill her, we too chase after other things–lesser loves.
Lesser loves are those temporary things upon which we have set our affections. They are anything we look to fill a hole in our hearts that only God can fill.
Next episode we talk about the remaining 3 things God wants to do when we are feeling stuck.